It's soup season again and a popular choice around Saffron Road is Butternut Squash Soup. The recipe below is tried & true, easy to make and highly recommended! Enjoy!
- 8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (cooked)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1/2 a yellow onion (cut & diced)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
Prepare bacon, onion, butternut squash, apple & sage. Place cubed butternut squash, onion, apples and sage in a large pot covering with chicken broth. Boil until squash and apples are soft. Add bacon, salt, and pepper, blend/puree until smooth. Voila!